What is Cresponix?
Cresponix is a patented technology for waste treatment and feed production for aquaculture, combined with our self-developed infrastructure for land-based aquaculture.
The patent enables farming of fish and shrimp where 100% of the residual products in the form of feces and water are recycled, as well as the use of a locally produced and sustainable feed.
Cresponix is not a so called “RAS”, our technology is based on solutions via microbiology and fermentation technology.
- Cresponix reduces production cost.
- Provides superior animal welfare.
What we are going to accomplish!
Aquaculture is a resource-efficient way to produce healthy and protein-rich food.
However, today's aquaculture has usually unsustainable challenges within feed and animal welfare.
Global market 2,670 billion SEK.
Cresponix solves the challenges at feed and animal welfare and at the same time provides lower production cost.
After a proof of concept in Scandinavia, the technology is sold to the global market, which can supply earth growing population with nutritious, sustainable and affordable food.
Global market 480 billion SEK.
What have we done so far?
The founders of Cresponix have since 2005 verified the technology by:
• Published research from the Sweden’s Agricultural University.
• Established 16 commercial fish and shrimp farms in South America and Africa, still operational and competitive today.
• The biggest establishment delivers 5 000 tonnes of scampi per year.
• In 2020, Cresponix was founded, to adapt the technology to cold climates.
Now for cold climate!
Together with the product locally produced scampi, the technology will be verified on a commercial scale in cold climate.
• Low competition, basically 100% imports into EU.
• Strong demand for a swedish-grown scampi from Sweden’s leading wholesalers.
• Strong awareness in Scandinavia how today's scampi farmed in the tropics destroys the local environments.
• High margins, compared to fish.
Establish a large-scale pilot in Västervik. All projecting work is completed and premises are secured. Construction of the farm will begin sep/nov 2023. First delivery is planned for summer 2024.
5 tons Farm
2024 - Large scale pilot
Establish a large-scale pilot in
Västervik. Start weekly
delivery in summer 2024
200 tons Farm
2025 - Commercial scale
Establish a commercial
size of the farm with
capacity of 200 tons/year.
Expansion of new production
2028 - Expansion
Sales of technology to new
production in Sweden and
Scandinavia. Through new
subsidiaries, similar to the
Our ultimate goal
Feed the world’s growing population with sustainable and affordable fish.
After a successful scale-up of shrimp farms in Scandinavia, a new vertical is initiated: farming of sustainable and affordable fish.
• Choice of fish species is tilapia, a white fish with a neutral taste and a firm fillet.
• The ultimate goal is to establish tilapia farming in developing countries that achieve lower production cost compared to unsustinably farmed fish.
• This ultimate goal is only possible when Cresponix reaches a certain company size where the production cost is significantly reduced.
• Cresponix can reach this comapny size together with Scandinavias strong demand for a sustainable scampi shrimp.
Alternative technology in Europe
• Waste management technology that usually increases
the cost of production
• The technology itself does not have a solution to
reach sustainable and cheap feed
• Waste management is power by electricity
• Waste management technology that reduces
the cost of production
• Enables the use of sustainable &
• Waste management is power by waste heat
Less feed, cheap energy and high survival rate.
• Cresponix enables 30% less feed use
(Feed is usually the mayor production cost factor).
• Powers the waste management with waste heat instead of electricity.
• High survival rate and a verified long-term stable system.
(There are systems in the tropics that are 10 years old and without complications or failure).
Leadership, communication and
Professor in Aquaculture, SLU
Aquaculture expert in nutrition, welfare
and sustainable feed.
Senior Aquaculture Consultant
World-leading technology developer of
shrimp and fish farms.
Founder of Apotea and Adlibris.
Franci Dos Reis
Experienced scampi farm operator
from Brazil. Former establisher of
Senior Management Consultant,
Capital acquisition, business
development and board professional
(related to Kalmar Science Park in his business advisory role.)
Feel free to contact us!
We believe in networking and are always open to new connections with interesting companies and individuals. To solve the puzzle of future sustainable food production, we all need to collaborate!